What is Your WORD of the Year? EP: 066
Dec 22, 2021
Preparations for the upcoming holiday celebrations are in full swing, and it’s too easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of the season. But just before we usher in the New Year, I’m inviting you to join me as I pause and look back at 2021, and look ahead to 2022 with equal amounts of hope and excitement.
The internal exercise I share with you on today’s episode for choosing your word of the year is meant to be an intentional practice. It asks for a deep examination of what happened this past year, and calls for a bold vision of what you want your life to look like in the next 6 to 12 months.
So grab your pen and paper and get ready for meaningful reflections as I share with you:
- My 5-step exercise for coming up with your word of the year, that has really become a goal-achieving machine for me and can work in the same way for you
- How your word can impact not only your goals and the way you see yourself, but more importantly, how you make decisions as the person you already see yourself becoming
- What it means to have one word serve as your guide throughout the year, especially for times when you get off-track and need a little push to refocus and get back in the game
- How to stay on-course with your goal with the help of acronyms, catchy hashtags and even passwords!
- My word of the year from a few years back and how it grew relative to the focus I gave it, and eventually became its own business
- How I compare having a word for the year to making a New Year’s resolution
- Just how powerful this exercise can be in creating and building something huge in your life
This coming year, my wish is for you to begin seeing yourself as that person you want to become, and shine your light brightly on others. Be inspired. Be empowered. Be unlimited and take action. Let your word of the year for 2022 be your North Star, and let it guide you as you navigate through your best year yet.
Share your WORD with me or take inspiration from other LIGHTbeamers! Join the LIGHTbeamers Community on Facebook, or send me a DM on Instagram at @LIGHTbeamers. I can’t wait to hear from you!